FEG has a deep understanding of the needs of independent schools, as education clients—including higher education—represents approximately 34% of our full-service assets under advisement (AUA).1
FEG is experienced in evaluating considerations of the broader enterprise when designing investment programs for our clients. We are dedicated to serving education-related organizations, including their investment, governance, and spending needs, and understanding the needs of educational institutions as an active participant in industry organizations.
FEG’s core strengths in working with independent schools:
- Independent and 100% employee-owned; FEG’s broad equity ownership structure promotes stability
- Direct access to credentialed research and investment team
- Integrated team with dedicated private capital and hedge fund resources
- Long tenure and global reach, facilitating robust insights on managers and their cycles
- Customized asset allocation and implementation solutions to best meet the unique objectives and needs of clients
- Large enough to command resources and talent, yet small enough to provide outstanding client service and customization
- In-depth education on current investment strategies and future trends on a routine basis
- Proactive in delivering objective fiduciary advice and management
- OCIO solutions to enable independent school clients to focus on their primary, mission-related goals
1As of September 30,2018, Assets under Advisement (AUA) include discretionary and non-discretionary assets of FEG and its affiliated entities. These assets are typically non-discretionary. Some asset values may not be readily available at the most recent quarter-end, therefore the previous quarter's values were used for this calculation. The values may be higher or lower, depending on the current market conditions. Of the $69.6bn in AUA, FEG's total assets under management (AUM) are $6.6bn, which includes discretionary ($4.8bn) and non-discretionary AUM ($1.7bn).